‘Uma Adventure’ recognizes that its visitors, users, and others who use our website, value their privacy. This Privacy Notice details important information regarding the use and disclosure of user information collected on via the www.chhindwaramarathon.com website. It provides this Privacy Notice to help you make an informed decision about whether to use or continue using www.chhindwaramarathon.com
Whenever Uma Adventure collects information that you voluntarily submit, it is Uma Adventure intent to inform you of why this information is being requested and how it is going to be used. Uma Adventure will not sell, distribute, or give your personal information to any third party without your knowledge and consent. Uma Adventure shall not be liable for any personal information that you submit to external vendors or to any web site linked to this Site. Information from children Uma Adventure does not use personally identifying information collected from children for marketing or promotional purposes, and does not disclose such information to any third party for any purpose whatsoever. Uma Adventure will not collect or post information from a child under the age of 18 without the involvement of a parent or guardian.
It is Uma Adventure intent to keep secure any personal information that you submit to us and Uma Adventure will continue to take steps to maintain the security of this Site. However, the open nature of the Internet is such that data may flow over networks without security measures and may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data is intended. Therefore, in submitting personal information to the Site, you assume the risk of a third party obtaining that information.
The Uma Adventure’s website team has been made aware of a number of fake emails that appear to be sent from Uma Adventure asking users to confirm their email address and/or password. We would like to reassure users that we will never send you an email asking you to reconfirm your security details. We will never ask you to divulge your full passwords via e-mail.
If you do receive a suspicious email like this please delete it straight away and do not click on any of the links contained in it. If you are ever concerned about any communications that are or seem to be from Uma Adventure, please contact us immediately.
We and our service providers collect a variety of information through the Services, including:
- Account and profile information
- We collect information when you create an account or edit your profile, such as your name, username, password, email address, race history, and volunteer experience.
- Event registration or volunteer information
- We collect information when you register or volunteer for a race or other event, such as your name, address, email address, phone number, country of residence, citizenship, age or date of birth, gender, race history and experience, club affiliation, occupation, emergency contacts, and self-reported disability status, proof of disability, or other health-related information that you provide directly to us as necessary for participation in a race or other event. Our third-party service providers may also collect your payment card information when you submit your registration.
- Race activities and results
- We collect information when you participate in a race or other event that we organize. For example, we may collect information about your real-time location during a race (such as your progress along the course), your race times and splits, and your finishing results. We may share this information with the general public through our Services, as described in the section below titled “How We Share Information.”
- Information collected automatically
- When you use our Services, we or our third-party service providers may automatically receive and record certain information. For example, this may include your device’s IP address, user-agent string, information about your use of the Services during your current session and over time (including the pages you view and the files you download), the date and time of your visit, links you click, searches conducted, the website visited before navigating to the Services, your software and hardware attributes (including browser and operating system type and version, App version, device type, and device identifiers), and your general location inferred from IP address. To obtain such information, we or our third-party service providers may use the following technologies to recognize your device and collect information about your Services usage:
- Server logs
- When you use the Services, we automatically receive and record certain information from your computer (or other device) and your browser. To obtain such information, we may use server logs or applications that recognize your device and gather information about its online activity.
We and our service providers use the information that we collect for a variety of purposes, including::
- Providing the Services
- To provide our Services to you, organize races and events, fulfill the terms of any agreement you have with us, respond to your requests, and for other purposes related to managing our organization;
- Communicating with you
- To communicate with you regarding your account, events for which you have registered or volunteered, important updates regarding our Services, and other administrative issues;
- Conducting analytics and improving our services
- To count and recognize visitors to the Services, analyze how visitors use the Services, improve the Services, create new products and services, and conduct analytics, including as described in the section below titled “Third-Party Analytics”;
- Compiling aggregated and de-identified information
- To compile aggregated and de-identified statistics or reports that we may share with our partners or other third parties;
o Legal purposes- For legal or other necessary purposes, including as described below in the section below titled “How We Share information.” We share information with third parties for a variety of reasons, including as follows:
- Service providers
- Other users of the Services
- We may allow you to share information directly with other users of the Services. For example, if you post questions or comments to other users through the Services, add information to your profile, respond to surveys or requests to rate the Apps, or use other features of the Services, then your questions, comments, profile, or other information may be seen by other users of the Services. Please ensure when using these features that you do not submit any information that you do not want to be shared with other users or the public.
- Our partners
- We may share information about final race results with our partners, including other non-profit organizations, sports organizations, or researchers who may use the final race results to confirm race eligibility/disqualification, generate reports, or conduct academic research.
- Live updates and final race results
- If you participate in a race that we organize, we may share certain information about you with the general public. For example, we may share your name, age group, gender, state and country of residence, and final race results through our Websites and Apps. We also may share your real-time location during a race (such as your progress along the course), race times and splits, and final results so that others can track your progress.
- Third-party plugin
- Legal purposes-
- We may use or share your information with third parties when we believe, in our sole reasonable discretion, that doing so is necessary:
- To comply with applicable law or a court order, subpoena, or other legal process;
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or prohibited activities, suspected fraud, violations of our rules or terms and conditions, or situations involving threats to other athletes, volunteers or users, our property, or the property or physical safety of any person or third party;
- To establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- Organizational transfers
- We may share your information with third parties to facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, merger, acquisition, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or other disposal of all or part of our organization or assets.
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive information (e.g., social security numbers, financial account information, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic or biometric data, or sexual orientation) on or through the Services or otherwise to us, except for self-reported disability status, proof of disability, or other health-related information that you provide directly to us as necessary for participation in a race or other event.